Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Cole: Di Maria Money Well Spent

Andy Cole has been bowled over
by Angel Di Maria's brilliant
start to his Manchester United
career.

The former Reds striker can
recall his strike-partner Dwight
Yorke enjoying a similarly
fruitful beginning to life at Old
Trafford but admits the
Argentinian appears to be worth
the record £59.7million outlay
after adapting seamlessly to the
Barclays Premier League.

Di Maria bagged his third goal
for the club in the win over
Everton and has already been
voted United's Player of the
Month for September .

"I'll be honest, the only person
I've seen come to Manchester
United and make such a good
start was Dwight Yorke," Cole
told ManUtd.com . "I think he
scored two goals on his home
debut and another goal in the
game after that."

As a record buy himself, back in
early 1995, Cole was asked if the
increased focus has any
impact and can weigh heavily on
a player's shoulders.

"You look at that, you take it,
you get on with it and enjoy the
pressure," he stated. "He has
played so well and given a little
bit of spark. It's what you always
want when you come for that
kind of money, everyone is
expecting something special and
he's done just that.

"I think when you come to a
football club like Manchester
United, there is always going to
be pressure but he has played for
another massive club in Real
Madrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment