Friday, 17 October 2014

Van Gaal Have Faith In His Players

Louis van Gaal has expressed his confidence
in his players to ensure Manchester United
remain among the leading sides in the
Barclays Premier League.

The Reds approach the weekend in fourth
place in the table ahead of Monday night's
encounter against West Brom and the boss is
awaiting confirmation that his footballing
philosophy has become immersed within his
staff as his training methods reap dividends.

The Dutchman feels things are moving in a
positive direction after the win against Everton
and is anticipating more improvement from his
side.

"We will have to wait and see but I think they
[the players] do understand the philosophy," he
stated. "But they have to perform it. We have to
see if it works at a higher level. We need more
balance. I am looking for more balance in the
team, not just spectactular, attacking football.

"When you lose the ball, you must have a
shape as a team and then you can defend
more easily. You can kill the game better. That
is also a part of the philosophy but that is also
because I am choosing more creative,
attacking football players. We are looking for
that balance and, okay, we shall see if the time
I have had is long enough.

"Normally, I am always moving in the right
direction," he insisted. "That I have shown
already. How do I respond, though? No, I am
not moving in the right diection? I have
confidence in my players and I think that is
very important. But it is much more important
that the players have confidence in the
manager and his staff. Of course, we could
have done better because I don't think that we
are in balance now. I am sorry to say that, but
it is the truth. You can say you are not fit
enough. It is another question but we are
moving forward in training sessions, evaluation
sessions and in the images [video analysis]. I
hope that we shall improve."

No comments:

Post a Comment