Today I’m writing to you from
Asturias, shortly before boarding
a plane back to Manchester.
After a very good week of
training I got the weekend off
and I thought it was a good idea
to visit my family and friends. I
was right. Coming home is
always great…
It’s been just a few hours, but
good enough to switch off from
football, rest with my people and
enjoy this natural paradise
called Asturias. The fall season
here is spectacular. There are
colourful trees everywhere and
the landscapes are stunning.
And it’s barely rained this
weekend. Apart from that, I had
lunch at my grandparents, which
is priceless when you live far
from home.
Some of you have asked me
about the first thing I do when I
come to Asturias. As you can
imagine, as soon as I leave the
plane I go to see the ones I love.
Sometimes I don’t tell them than
I’m coming, and give them a
surprise. I like to see their
reaction and how happy they
get. They are the best. I also
meet my all-time friends, even if
only two of them are living here
now. But we try to meet up
whenever we can: Asturias,
Madrid, Manchester…
Coming home makes me feel full
of energy and I will keep doing
that no matter how far I am. I
say goodbye now. I’m on my
way back to Manchester looking
forward to our game against
West Brom next Monday, the one
that closes the eighth week. I’m
sure we will work very well on it
during these coming days in
order to get a new victory.
Thank you for your support,
Juan
No comments:
Post a Comment