Manchester United boss
Louis van Gaal wants to see
an improvement in the
balance of his side, insisting
that it is not enough to only
produce "spectacular
attacking football".
The signings of the likes of Angel Di Maria and
Radamel Falcao have whipped up excitement about
the Red Devils' forward options, with the Premier
League giants having won three of four league games
since the close of the transfer window.
But Van Gaal believes that there is a lot more work to
do in finding the right overall structure for the team.
He told reporters: "We need more balance, I said that
after the Everton match. I'm looking for balance in the
team, not just spectacular attacking football.
"When you lose the ball, you must have a shape as a
team and then you can defend more easily. You can
kill the game better.
"I have confidence in my players and I think that is
very important but it is much more important that the
players have confidence in the manager and his
staff," he continued.
"Of course, like I have already said, we could have
done better because I don't think that we are in
balance now. I am sorry to say that but it is the truth.
We are moving forward in training sessions, though,
and evaluating those sessions. I hope that we shall
improve."
The squad look ready enough to work to make the
necessary changes, with defender Marcos Rojo
posting a picture of himself and striker Falcao during
training.
No comments:
Post a Comment