Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Sir Alex: I Love Watching United

United in action.
The former Reds boss was
particularly upset to see United
beaten at home by Liverpool at
Old Trafford last term but is
convinced Louis van Gaal will
ensure the team is challenging
for top honours again soon.

"I’m watching the team from a
different perspective and that’s
been interesting," Sir Alex told
Jim Rosenthal, in an exclusive
in-depth interview for MUTV.

"I must say I love watching the
team. You start thinking the way
supporters think. That's the way
sometimes I am now.

"I got annoyed when we lost to
Liverpool last year. I didn’t enjoy
that. Losing to Liverpool and
Manchester City last year, they
are your biggest rivals, the ones
you always strive to defeat and
are always in our way.

Particularly Liverpool, of course.
"I’m actually quite stony-faced
watching a game. I don’t try to
show any emotions unless we
score. I always celebrate a goal.
Even now, as a director, I still
celebrate a goal. You’re always
conscious maybe the cameras
are on you and this is happening
a lot. The media don’t miss an
opportunity to focus on me
during a game."

Van Gaal is imposing his
personality and philosophy on
the club and, although he has
met with Sir Alex after home
matches, the current manager is
not regularly in contact with the
Scot.

No comments:

Post a Comment