Monday, 15 September 2014

Blind Excited To Learn From Van Gaal

Daley Blind is delighted to be working under
Louis van Gaal at Manchester United and
insists his former Netherlands manager will
make him a better player this season.

The Dutchman made his Reds debut as a
deep-lying midfielder during Sunday’s 4-0 win
over QPR and can't wait to see what the future
holds for him at Old Trafford, where he can
absorb the knowledge and expertise of van
Gaal.

“He is very honest to everybody, he knows
what he wants and he knows his philosophy,”
Blind explained, while speaking to ManUtd.com
after the final whistle. “He can bring that to the
players and he can make a team with
everybody. That is a good start for us if you
want to work for each other. I have really
learned a lot from van Gaal and I like working
under him.

“I haven’t worked that long with him. I only
worked with him at the World Cup and in the
qualification games. A lot of the time I worked
with Frank de Boer at Ajax and I think Ajax
made me more the player I am now. Of course,
I was with van Gaal at the World Cup. He also
helped me a lot and I have learned a lot from
him. I hope to learn a lot from him in the next
season as well.

“I think he can make me a better player in
terms of positioning, where to stand and tactics
in games because midfield is an important
position to play. I hope I can get better at it
every day.”

While pleased with his first performance for
United, Blind is determined to improve his
understanding of the holding midfielder role in a
division that is much faster than he is used to.

“It was a bit different because the opponents
were going back so I had a lot of space to
control the ball and play it to the sides, mixing
it from side to side. I had a lot of space and that
was nice for me. We played our own game and
we played well. When we lost the ball we went
after it as a team. We won the ball back a lot,
so we did a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment