Monday, 15 September 2014

Falcao Thanks Fans

Radamel Falcao has thanked Manchester
United's fans for the boisterous welcome that
soundtracked his debut in Sunday's 4-0 win
over QPR - including prolonged renditions of a
new terrace anthem in his honour.

The Colombian loan signing was named on the
bench by Louis van Gaal and did not emerge
from the dugout until the 56th minute, when his
much-anticipated warm-up was greeted by
rapturous applause from every Reds supporter
inside Old Trafford.

Falcao's eventual introduction, as a
replacement for Juan Mata just after the hour,
was met by an even bigger ovation that lit up
the stadium. While the 28-year-old was
disappointed not to score on his debut, he was
delighted by the reception he received.

"I am very happy for this victory and the
support was great," he said. "I want to continue
that way. I want to say thank you to the fans
and I enjoyed that a lot, this match. It was
fantastic. I almost scored. The goalkeeper was
good. I hope to score the next game.

"It felt good to make my debut here at Old
Trafford and I am happy to get the win. I am
enjoying this moment. It is an extraordinary
stadium, a legendary stadium. Bit by bit, we will
gel together as a team and the new players will
feel more comfortable. I hope everything
continues for us like it has."

No comments:

Post a Comment