Saturday, 13 September 2014

LVG To Change Training Schedule

Louis van Gaal has revealed he is making
tweaks behind the scenes at Manchester
United as his managerial philosophy continues
to evolve over time.

The boss has made alterations to his training
schedule in an attempt to address the injury
problems that have dogged his opening spell in
charge.

"I have always said I am not only evaluating
the players but I am also evaluating myself and
my staff," he stressed. "Now, we have a lot of
injuries so I’m evaluating why and I've changed
my preparation scheme because of that, for
example, and I’ve also changed what we have
to do after the match. I have changed the
schedule of times.

"It [the injury situation] is a big concern. I think
it is not nice that I cannot compare all the
players and, of course, we have evaluated how
we train but, for the level what I demand as a
coach, we need to train like that and the
players have to adapt to that level.

That is the
crucial thing. What can we do to adapt to a
certain level the players can fulfil but also so
that we also improve our level?"

Van Gaal's philosophy is continually focused on
achieving success and he hinted at some of the
many elements that form the basis of his
idealogy.

"It would take four hours to speak about the
philosophy and we don’t have the time for
that," he instructed the press. "It’s not only the
mode of play, it is also the way we are treating
players, the way we are building up training
sessions, the way we have to prepare for
games, the way we have to do our
rehabilitation, the process and the steps that
you have to make. It’s a lot of things. One of
the most important things is I’m seeing the
players not only as football players but as
human beings."

No comments:

Post a Comment