Monday, 15 September 2014

LVG Hopes Attacking Football Wins Them The Title

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal is targeting a Premier League title win during his tenure as Old Trafford boss, according to Sky Sports.

The Dutchman led his side to their first win of the season against QPR on Sunday, seeing £59.7m signing Angel Di Maria star on his Old Trafford debut. The host of new faces on display included Daley Blind and Marcos Rojo, while Falcao was brought on as a second half substitute.

While Luke Shaw didn't get on from the bench, all the players are set to form the basis of a squad that van Gaal wants to see win the Premier League title at some point during his three-year contract at the club. The United boss also insisted that attacking football will be used as the means to get there.

He said following the 4-0 win over Rangers: "I want to win the Premier League title. If it is not this year then the second or third year. I want to give a championship to the fans.

"I have always played attacking football in my 35 years as manager. All my teams have scored the most of the league so I hope at the end of this league we shall score also the most."

Encouragingly for United fans, the coach believes that United can still perform far better than they did on Sunday. Di Maria, Ander Herrera, Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata scored the goals that put QPR to the sword, but van Gaal believes there is more to come.

He continued: "We always have to analyse what we have done. Of course the result is fantastic but we can do much better, I believe.

“Since 1st September, we only had three days together before the game with the internationals coming back and with the jet-lag, like Falcao. I think the result is fantastic, but we can get better. We have made a very good new start.”

No comments:

Post a Comment