Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal is expecting his new look squad to show their class in the club's Sunday afternoon fixture with QPR at Old Trafford.
The Star reports that the Dutchman wants United to show cohesion as a team unit and put the disappointing start to the season behind them. Van Gaal insists that despite boasting a series of top class individuals, they will need to work together in order to get their first win against Harry Redknapp's side.
He said: “You have to show it. And that is not just van Persie, Falcao and Rooney - it is all the players of Manchester United.
“They have to show themselves as a team. That is why I don’t want to speak about them as individuals. I think that we have to pass the ball much quicker and it is not only Di Maria that will speed it up. When you see the players we have bought, they have that - but they have to show it now.
“But while it is true we have to pass much quicker, we have lost the ball too much, too early. So trying to speed up our play - and I am demanding much faster play - puts pressure on the players. Then they lose the ball, so it’s a vicious circle.”
Despite the host of new signings, van Gaal also confirmed that he believes his squad is still unbalanced. He has started the season with a 3-5-2 set up and it looks set to continue in the QPR clash, but in terms of recruitment, it appears that his squad is not complete.
"We have more balance but I think it is not balanced enough. Obviously, I am talking about the defensive part," he continued.
No comments:
Post a Comment