Manchester
United manager Louis van
Gaal insists loan signing
Radamel Falcao has already
proved his form and fitness
in his first training session.
The Colombian striker arrived from Monaco on
deadline day and, at his unveiling on Thursday
alongside Daley Blind, confirmed his intention to earn
a permanent move .
Falcao had misssed the World Cup due to a cruciate
ligament injury picked up in January but his new boss
says that he is fit and ready to fire - though he admits
patience will be required.
"Today in training he got one ball and it was in the
goal so he confirmed [his readiness] in his first
training session with me," Van Gaal told reporters,
"but, when I say this, I put too much pressure on him
and that's not good.
"I know it's very difficult to come from another club to
Manchester United in a new process."
Falcao and Blind were among six high-profile recruits
for the Red Devils this summer but Van Gaal is not
worried about struggling to fit them into the side after
shipping out several players at the same time -
including striker Danny Welbeck, an academy product
who joined Arsenal for €20 million on deadline day.
"How do you fit all the players? We bought five, one
player is on loan here and maybe we can buy him -
that's Falcao - and we let go 14 players," the
manager remarked, "so how to fit these players in is
not so difficult when you let go 14 players and only
six players come in their place.
"We need also the youth education, that is the
philosophy of Manchester United also. Because of this
policy we give youth players a chance but the
question is if they take the chance.
"It is, of course, more risky but I think it's the only
way to do it and I think Manchester United have
always had homegrown players in the squad and
that's the way to do it."
Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez was another striker who
joined Welbeck in leaving to make way for Falcao,
heading to Real Madrid on loan, and Van Gaal
explained that the two players had been consulted
before departing the club.
He continued: "We have spoken with Welbeck and
also with Hernandez before there was a chance to get
Falcao.
"We have to be fair because, for example, I see that
we have a lot of youth that can fit in, it's only [fair]
that they have to take the chance to play football and I
have to put them in the squad but, when you can hire
or buy a player like Falcao then I don't have doubts
because he is one of the best strikers in the world
and, when you see his record, it's unbelievable."
No comments:
Post a Comment