Monday, 15 September 2014

We Can Do More

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has said that despite their impressive 4-0 win over QPR yesterday, the side can improve - even goalscorer Angel Di Maria.

As reported in the Telegraph van Gaal, speaking at his post-match press conference, said: “Di Maria is all right, but he has cramp. Normally you have to play 90 minutes without cramp, but that’s also a positive symbol that he gave everything.

“When you prepare three goals and you make (score) the first goal yourself, you cannot play bad but he had a lot of unnecessary losses, so we can do better. Even Angel Di Maria.

“Can you do better when you prepare three goals and make one? It’s nearly impossible. But I’m a coach and I analyse the game and I see things we have to improve as a team.”

The Dutchman's much discussed 4-3-1-2 formation didn't make an appearance yesterday, but he insisted that was an injury-related decision instead of a tactical one.

“I could hardly play with five defenders because (Chris) Smalling and (Phil) Jones were injured.

“So I was more or less forced to play with four defenders, but it’s also because of the quality of players that I changed the system.”

“I said to the players before the match that we have to make a new start today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment